Sunday 19 July 2009

Chocolate Parfait pt. 2

I had dinner guests around yesterday so I thought I'd tune up the chocolate parfait desert posted earlier (http://skytteskitchen.blogspot.com/2009/07/chocolate-parfait.html). Here's how.
I took my ramekins, coated them with aluminium foil, brushed them very lightly with neutral oil and put them in the freezer.

Then I melted some dark chocolate and painted the inside of the coated ramekins and put them back in the freezer again for a few minutes.

When I took them out the chocolate had hardened and I had chocolate baskets.

Then I filled them with chocolate parfait mixture.

For toppings I crushed some Oreos in a plastic back.

And put it on top. Then it all went back into the freezer for the parfait to freeze for 24 hours.

I took them out 15 minutes before serving and made some white chocolate sauce (white chocolate, milk, rum).

And this is my friend trying it out, which I think says a lot about the taste.

No comments: