Saturday 19 September 2009

Banana & Poppy Seed muffins

Last year my girlfriend and I were stuck in an airport in London and we got a bit peckish, so my girlfriend went and bought us some muffins. Now, her favourite muffin is blue berry but unfortunately they only had one left so she bought me a lemon and poppy seed muffin. And it was absolutely delicious. The one I had was about the size of my fist whereas the ones here are about half of that. They are, nonetheless, still wonderful. So I guess I'm going to have two.
Ingredients:
240 ml whole wheat flour
180 ml all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp poppy seeds
........
2 ripe bananas
180 ml sugar
60 ml neutral vegetable oil
1 egg
Juice of 1/2 lemon plus zest

Mix the flours, baking powder, salt and poppy seeds in a bowl.

Put the banana, sugar, oil, egg and lemon in a blender.

Blend until smooth.

Pour the mix into the flour mix. Mix just a few times, just enough for everything to stick together. It's ok if you can still see a bit of flour. You don't want to overmix muffins.

Put mufin papers in a muffin tray and split the dough into 12 muffins. Bake for 20 minutes at 175ยบ.

Remove them from the muffin tray and put them on a cooling rack. Let them cool off for a couple of minutes before you bite into them.

No comments: